I am a sheep in the herd
The Lord is our shepherd
With caring eyes and nice,
HE led us in the right ways
The Lord is our shepherd
With caring eyes and nice,
HE led us in the right ways
In the lovely green pastures
HE alleviated hunger captured
To take a deep breath and rest
He carried us to graze in crest
To let us quench our thirst
HE called us to the torrent
To cool my mind within me
HE consoled me under a tree
In the dark valley of fear fenced
HE picked us up and dispensed
Let's not be afraid as HE is with
The rod and staff to support worth
When He led us in the right way
I looked down to the other way
I ran there with interest and zeal
As it could be a way of ideal
Alas! I came missing the due order
I was encircled by doubt and terror
The pack of deadly wolves splayed
On the race to hunt me to be preyed
Body was trembled and too the mind
I bleated and screamed for the kind
Voice of me was heard by the shepherd
The shepherd's voice was that I heard
Hope was born in me
I ran to him in a glee
When I cried sobbing
HE gave me soothing
HE hugged me in HIS charm
And carried me on HIS arms
Pleasantly I will be near to HIM
I will never leave HIM in whim
“Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our
Maker; for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Today, if only you would hear his voice,
“Do not harden your hearts as you did at
Meribah, as you did that day at Massah
in the wilderness,
where your ancestors tested me;
they tried me, though they had seen
what I did.”
(Psalm 65: 6 – 9)
No comments:
Post a Comment