Wednesday, 21 October 2020

Why our prayers are not answered….?

If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. (Psalm 66:18)

But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. (Isaiah 59:2)

When you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood. Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes; cease to do evil,  (Isaiah 1:15-16)

If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination. (Proverbs 28:9)

Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse. (Proverbs 28:27)

Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered. (Proverbs 21:13)

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (Mark 11:24)

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.   (Proverbs 19:17)

The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous. (Proverbs 15:29)

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the heart. (Proverbs 21: 22)

You shall not oppress or afflict a resident alien, for you were once aliens residing in the land of Egypt. You shall not wrong any widow or orphan. If ever you wrong them and they cry out to me, I will surely listen to their cry. My wrath will flare up, and I will kill you with the sword; then your own wives will be widows, and your children orphans. (Exodus 22:20-23)

You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,  (Exodus 20:5)

……Don't refuse to help a beggar who is in distress. Don't turn your back on a poor person or give him any reason to curse you. 6 If he becomes so bitter that he does curse you, his Creator will hear his prayer.  (Sirach 4: 1 – 6)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. (Provebs 3:5-6)

Because you have ignored all my counsel (Wisdom’s) and would have none of my reproof, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strikes you,(Psalm 1:25-26)

A son honors his father, and a servant fears his master;
If, then, I am a father,  where is the honor due to me?
And if I am a master,   where is the fear due to me?
You ask, “How have we defiled it?”. By saying that the table of the LORD may be disdained!. c]When you offer a blind animal for sacrifice, is there no wrong in that? When you offer a lame or sick animal, is there no wrong in that? Present it to your governor! Will he be pleased with you—or show you favor?says the LORD of hosts………..  (Malachi 1:6-14)

But you have turned aside from the way,  and have caused many to stumble by your instruction; You have corrupted the covenant of Levi,  says the LORD of hosts. therefore, have made you contemptible and base before all the people, For you do not keep my ways,    but show partiality in your instruction. Have we not all one father? Has not one God created us? Why, then, do we break faith with each other, profaning the covenant of our ancestors?  (Malachi 2:8-10)

This also you do: the altar of the LORD you cover    with tears, weeping, and groaning, Because the Lord no longer takes note of your offering or accepts it favorably from your hand.  And you say, “Why?”—   Because the LORD is witness
between you and the wife of your youth With whom you have broken faith,    though she is your companion, your covenanted wife. Did he not make them one, with flesh and spirit? And what does the One require? Godly offspring!
You should be on guard, then, for your life, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth. For I hate divorce,
says the LORD, the God of Israel,  (Malachi 2:13-16)

You have wearied the LORD with your words,  yet you say, “How have we wearied him?”. By saying, “All evildoers are good in the sight of the LORD, And he is pleased with them,”  or “Where is the just God?”  (Malachi 2: 17)

For righteous:
“But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31)

“He will call on me, and I will answer him” (Psalm 91:15)

“Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!” (Psalm 27:14)
But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. (Micah 7:7)


No comments:

Post a Comment

UNIVERSAL PRAYER FOR HUMANITY

  A PRAYER TO ALMIGHTY GOD The Creator of the Earth • The King of the Universe • The Ocean of Mercy, Love and Compassion Almighty God…! The ...