Tuesday, 2 March 2021

"Intolerance" is a symptom of "Dominance Hysteria"


Dominance Hysteria or Dominant mindset is not only among countries but is spread along many societies and communities and extends it arms to individuals. "Power" and "Authority"and "Favoritism" are the catalysts for this Dominance Hysteria. 
 
First time in my life, I felt this pain in my college days at the age of 18. I was a cadet in N.C.C. (National Cadet Corps - Naval Wing) during 1990-1993. To attend the Republic Day Parade to be held at New Delhi, I was inducted in a RDC(Republic Day Camp) at Madurai. We were all directed by Lt.Col. Thiagarajan NCC (A 54-57 years old gentleman at the time / a good Veteran who never discriminated among Cadets either Poor / Rich or any other differences.) At the time there was another Lt.Col. Vishwanathan joined with him. (I specifically mentioned here that now his age might be more than 85). At the time all Defence personnel / NCC officers were away from politics and they never discussed about politics, religion, caste or social divisions.
 
Lt. Col. Thiagarajan had much affection with me because I was a poor and weak guy and he liked my discipline in his camp. He treated me very well which made me to freely approach him.  All these were noticed by his assistant Havildar Angamuthu. In fact, I was much obedient and respectful to him also. There was an ego and dominance hysteria arose in him. He was waiting for the time to avenge.  Even though I was studying college, my courage and mental strength was like a school student.  

As one of the selection criteria for "Best Cadet", we were taken to a firing camp. We had been given with a 303 Riffle to aim our targets. At the time I was weak having fever and cold that I could not even carry the riffle with my arms. I tried 5 rounds of shooting but unfortunately I could be able to fire all the bullets of 5 rounds in the ground instead of the targets. That was the right time Hav.Angamuthu used in his favor.  He lashed 2-3 times my back-portion with pull through (A steel rod used to clean Riffle barrels).  I learned the experience of "Power Hysteria" at the time and it made me painful to keep it in my mind till this date. As per NCC protocol, Cadets should not be punished during firing camp.
When a portion of our system is arrogant with partiality and with "Power hysteria", we need to see the other portion of the same system which is with generous, polite and humble people.  Most of the times, I convinced myself with the thought. 
 
At the time if  I did not get the consolation from Lt.Col.Thiagarajan, I would have slipped from my discipline and my moral attitudes which I keep till this date to be a honest and disciplined ex.Cadet of NCC as NCC taught me more particularly the gentleman Lt.Col.Thiagarajan that in my lifetime, I will not forget him and the ways he taught to me in NCC camp. Even though I was not shined physically, I scored NCC - C Certificate with high grade in our NCC Unit.
 
At our school ages, due to their personal problems some teachers used to punish the entire class students with cane severely as a drain to solve their anxiety and personal frustration. I hope in these days it is not happening.

After I entered into my career life I faced various types of these "Power Hysteric" People in various grounds such as my immediate bosses in employment, my co-workers who put work loads on me, the Police Departments, the Govt officials, the authorities in Service sectors, the Doctors and sub-staffs in Govt. Hospitals who wants to show their "Power Hysteria" to the meek common people. 
 
This atrocity and  "Power Hysteria" is mostly seen in lower cadre policemen who pluck the rights of innocent common people.  Some passengers who booked "Reservation" berths in trains were forced to give their berth to these atrocious policemen which I found in my journeys. These lower cadre policemen in many Indian states are showing their courage and power as a "gang" only on the meek common people. They fear before political party members, caste groups, dangerous culprits, cheaters, rich people and celebrities or local dons. They will sleep for years on the complaints or case files against those people. The Govts. and Judicial systems are not even caring these atrocities as they want to show their "Power Hysteria" only through these police. 

Now this "power hysteria" is with some ministers who are in powerful portfolios and they are using this in favor of their caste autocracy to oppress the meek people who are still suffering for many decades, many centuries. 

The people who enjoyed various benefits of Governments are still enjoying in terms of caste and religion and we can see intolerance, discrimination, partiality, nepotism(favoritism) in jobs and education. Medias also play their cheap "Power Hysteria" for their cheap commercial benefits.  Ordinary citizens like me have already lost their hope in the four pillars of democracy which are carrying the values of "money, power and privileges"

Every one who has power and authority is playing this "Dominance Hysteria" in the poor and meek life of innocent and oppressed people. 

Dominance Hysteria and Power Hysteria are mental illness that found in most of the people today in medias, governance, judiciary and in many bodies.  We need to have pity on them rather than show our anger against them.  

O' man who are you before the Lord to show your power to the meek people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

UNIVERSAL PRAYER FOR HUMANITY

  A PRAYER TO ALMIGHTY GOD The Creator of the Earth • The King of the Universe • The Ocean of Mercy, Love and Compassion Almighty God…! The ...